Any disk or data source connected to your Mac and recognized by macOS as a file system can be scanned with DaisyDisk, including but not limited to:
- Rotational HDD
- Flash & memory cards (SD, CF etc.)
- Optical (CD, DVD, Blu‑ray)
- Network (NAS, AFS, Samba, NFS, WebDAV, Novell, Windows, FTP via FUSE)
- Virtual (FUSE, disk images)
- Apple APFS, HFS+, HFS
- Microsoft NTFS*, FAT*, exFAT*
- More file systems via FUSE
- Read-only by default, requires third-party drivers for read-write access.
You can connect your cloud storage and scan it over network like a local disk, without allocating any local disk space. Currently supported cloud services are:
- Google Drive™
Speed of scanning
Thanks to low-level disk access, parallelization and optimization, DaisyDisk achieves the highest possible speed of scanning. You can analyze your space usage more readily, because it’s almost instant and doesn’t cause distraction from your workflow.
According to our benchmarks, DaisyDisk outperforms any existing disk scanning software by 6 — 32 times.
The scanning time depends on the type of the media, file system and the number of files on the disk:
- HFS+ SSD startup disk: 6-12 seconds
- APFS SSD startup disk: 12-20 seconds
- HFS+ HDD startup disk: 20-40 seconds
- APFS HDD startup disk: 40-60 seconds
- NTFS, FAT, exFAT: 3-5 minutes
- Time Machine: 20-30 minutes
Built-in QuickLook allows you to instantly preview files of any type — documents, photos, videos etc. — using the Space key on the keyboard.
- Safety stoppers prevent the user from accidentally deleting system-critical components.
- No automated
cleaningis performed — this excludes the potential risk of damage to system and application components.
- The user makes the informed decision which files are no longer needed and can be deleted.
- As with any deletion tool, precaution must be taken not to accidentally delete user’s files that they still need.
- Scans only file metadata — name and size — and not files’ content.
- Does not analyze or collect any of your data.
- Does not transmit any data outside of your computer.
- Does not track any statistics or analytics.
Supports the latest hardware and software:
- Apple M2 (ARM, 64‑bit)
- Apple M1 (ARM, 64‑bit)
- Intel (x86, 64‑bit)
- Legacy: Intel (x86, 32‑bit), PowerPC (PPC, 64‑bit, 32‑bit)
- macOS Ventura (13, latest)
- macOS Monterey (12)
- macOS Big Sur (11)
- macOS Catalina (10.15)
- macOS Mojave (10.14)
- macOS High Sierra (10.13)
Legacy versions available for:
- macOS Sierra (10.12)
- macOS El Capitan (10.11)
- macOS Yosemite (10.10)
- macOS Mavericks (10.9)
- Mountain Lion (10.8)
- macOS Lion (10.7)
- macOS Snow Leopard (10.6)
- macOS Leopard (10.5)