End User Agreement
In plain English
If you buy a DaisyDisk license as an individual consumer, you can install it on all the Macs that you personally own and control, i.e. where you sign in with your own Apple ID, but not more than on 5 Macs.
If you buy as a business or an organization, you can either:
- Install the license on all computers that a single person uses.
- Install the license on one computer that multiple people use.
Otherwise you should buy multiple licenses, for each Mac or for each person, whichever number is smaller.
In addition, we provide special licensing options for businesses and organizations, such as volume licenses, site licenses and portable licenses for IT services. Please get in touch with us for more detail.
The license includes free minor updates, some of major updates may also be free of charge.
DaisyDisk comes with a free trial, which is activated after obtaining a free trial key. The goal of the free trial is to demonstrate what you can do with the app and how exactly it works, but it’s not a “free version” or a replacement of the paid license. After the free trial you should either purchase a license or remove the app from your computer.
The trial is not limited in time, but certain features are not available or not effective until you buy the license.
Software Ambience Corp, as Licensor, grants, not sells to you, as Licensee, a non-exclusive right to use this Software under the terms of this License. Software Ambience Corp reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. Software Ambience Corp retains the ownership of the Software. The Software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Unauthorized copying of the Software is expressly forbidden. You may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
- The purchase and activation of a DaisyDisk license end all limitations of the trial period and grants unlimited access to the Software.
- This License allows you to install and use a copy of the Software on up to 5 qualified computers that you personally own and control and where you sign in using your Apple ID. This License does not allow the Software to exist on more computers than specified.
- The qualified computers are Macs running Apple macOS for which the Software is designated. You will need to review the system requirements for specific versions of macOS supported by the Software.
- The use of the licensed Software is not subjected to any time limitations, it can be used indefinitely long, provided that the version of the used operating system stays compatible with the Software.
- Minor updates and bug fixes are included with the License, free of charge. Minor updates are updates that do not change the major version number, i.e. the number immediately following the product name, before the first period in the version string.
- Major version upgrades — which include important new features and support for new operating systems and devices — are available at a discount for existing licensees. The size of the discount may be additionally agreed in the Appendix to this Agreement (signed separately). What constitutes a major upgrade will be determined at sole discretion of Software Ambience Corp. Major upgrades change the major version number, i.e. the number immediately following the product name, before the first period in the version string.
- Updating your macOS to a newer version may require a substantial rewrite of Software’s code in order to maintain compatibility with changes introduced by Apple in their operating system, which may warrant a major upgrade of the Software.
- You may not assign, rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense this Software. You may, however, make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your license rights to the Software (in its original form as provided) to another party.
- Except as and only to the extent permitted in this License and by applicable law, you may not copy, adapt, translate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Software.
This License Agreement governs any releases, revisions, updates or enhancements to the Software that Software Ambience Corp may make available to you. The Software is meant for your personal use (“fair use”). The Software does not grant any rights to the content it handles, as it only acts as a technical service provider. Any content that is handled using the Software is provided by user. The user bears full responsibility for all actions related to the content handled by the Software. Software Ambience Corp is not running any background rights checks for content that is processed with the Software. Software Ambience Corp is not affiliated with Apple Inc.
Customer support service
Software Ambience Corp provides customer support by email. The support includes providing information and assistance concerning the use of the Software.
The response for support requests may take up to 24 hours. Software Ambience Corp commits itself to reduce latency periods to their minimum, as far as possible. However, it cannot be held responsible for interruptions of the customer support service, or eventual delays caused by the need to technically handle the reported issue.
Consent to use of data
Software Ambience Corp sends license holders important news regarding their license and its updates. These newsletters always contain an “Unsubscribe” button. We strongly advise license holders to remain subscribed, unless they intend to never use the product again: newsletters may contain information about critical bug fixes, security enhancements, new features or feature changes, and renewal / upgrade special offers.
Disclaimer of warranties
Limitation of liability
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms and conditions at any time. If a revision is material we will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.