DaisyDisk 4.5 officially released
Now it’s official: the long awaited DaisyDisk 4.5 is finally out!
It’s an important update, that took us a long time to research and develop. The main new feature — the extended support of the new Apple File System (APFS) and addressing the top questions about macOS High Sierra and APFS that we have received.
- Extended support of the new Apple File System (APFS) on macOS High Sierra, in particular:
- You can now see the “purgeable space” — the disk space taken by the local snapshots of Time Machine and other caches, which cannot be scanned, but can now be identified inside the “hidden space”.
- And you can now reclaim that “purgeable space”.
- Added display of the “free space” in the right sidebar list, along with the estimation of available space, that is, “free + purgeable”.
- Added display of the space taken by “other volumes” in the same APFS container, inside the “hidden space”.
- Lots of bugs fixed.
This is a free update for the existing users of DaisyDisk 4.x.
The updated user guide can be found here.
Full change log is here.