Jun 21, 2011
Hooray. We’ve just released DaisyDisk 2.0.7.
The list of changes is quite promising:
- Starred (favorite) folders
- Hidden disk space detector (stand-alone version only), a nice complement to
scan as administrator
- Brand new logic for scanning multiple volumes simultaneously (reduces hardware load, increases scan speed)
- Volumes of the same disk are now visually grouped together
- Improved disk/volume descriptions
- Eject volumes, not disks
- Fixed UI lag on directories with tens of thousand files
- 3-finger swipe up/down gesture for switching between disks/map
- For terabyte disks, free and used space is displayed in GB
- Updated list of locations that cannot be deleted
- Updated help file
- Lots of smaller tweaks and fixes
Not bad for a minor release :)
The App Store version has been submitted to Apple for approval and should be available… well, when Apple decides to approve it :)
For those curious: yes, DaisyDisk 2.0.7 works on Lion, but once 10.7 goes final, we’ll make an update to ensure full compatibility.
First of all, we’re re-opening the localization program, so if you want to see DaisyDisk on your own language and wish to contribute — drop us a line.
The next minor release would be dedicated to Lion compatibility. We’re also thinking about dropping support for PPC/10.5 in favor of providing better experience for Lion (and Snow Leopard) users.
Yours truly, DaisyDisk Team.