It’s been a long time… How have you been?
Today we’re ready to introduce you to our newest creation, DaisyDisk 2 β:
What has changed since DaisyDisk 1.5.3? Almost everything!
In fact, we’ve build most parts of DaisyDisk 2 from scratch.
Well, really, take a look at this short whatsnew:
- In-app file deletion
- Brand new UI, created from scratch on Core Animation
- Ability to scan several disks/folders at a time
- Scan results are remembered while the application is running, can be “forgotten” to free memory
- More informative disk descriptions
- Redesigned disk usage gauge
- Scanned folders are added to the list of sources
- New logic for scanning as Administrator (was Super-User)
- New About window informs you about recovered space totals, allows you to tweet your results
- Updated Feedback window
- Redesigned Crash Reporter (we hope you’ll never see it)
- New error handling logic (yep, built-in dialogs suck)
- Major under the hood changes and tons of tweaks you’ll unlikely ever need to know about
What’s known to be missing/broken:
- We haven’t switched to a new registration system, but DaisyDisk 2 beta accepts DaisyDisk 1.x license keys
- Localization is dropped (we’re not accepting localizations for some time, sorry…)
- Help file is missing (we haven’t finished working on it yet)
- A few more things…
The beta expires on December 31, 2010.
If you buy now, DaisyDisk 2.0 will be a free upgrade for you (you’ll need to get a new key online once the final version is released).
Upgrade policy for existing users remains unchanged:
$9,95 unless your license key has been issued before October 15, 2009 or after September 1, 2010. Otherwise free.